Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Sale or Wanted (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Free enlargers (North Yorkshire) (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13984)

Mark Snowdon 1st November 2021 11:49 AM

Free enlargers (North Yorkshire)

I have the following enlargers free to a good home:
LPL C7700 Colour
LPL C6600 Colour

Both in good condition

They will do up to 6x7 format, includes transformers and stag timers.

Collect only from Northallerton, North Yorkshire

Regards,

Mark

John King 1st November 2021 10:22 PM

Surplus Enlargers

If there no takers on here (I am already drowning in enlargers) you could always contact colleges where they teach photography

When I lived in Yorkshire I gave one of mine away to the photo club at Durham University.

Mike O'Pray 2nd November 2021 12:33 AM

If you do give them away to colleges it would be interesting to find out if film photography and darkroom has been a recent revival there

It helps indicate whether colleges have started to revive film photography and its attendant darkroom work

Thanks

Mike

TonyMiller 2nd November 2021 09:50 AM

I recently put a Beseler 23cii enlarger on eBay for 0.99p buyer collect. Suprisingly, to me, it went to a guy who only lives 2 miles away. It sold for £56. As I didn't buy it anyway it was more than I expected. It may be worth selling on ebay Mark.

skellum 2nd November 2021 11:48 PM

Hi Mark, you've been trying to rehome these for a while I think? I'd have the C7700 in a flash (I love my 7451 for 5x4) but can't get to Yorkshire just now. Work insane.
Don't skip them- if you can't rehome them tell us here and I'll come visit. We've done stupider stuff- made an overnight trip Stornoway to Todmorden once to collect a rescue cat.

Paulographic 3rd November 2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skellum (Post 142105)
Hi Mark, you've been trying to rehome these for a while I think? I'd have the C7700 in a flash (I love my 7451 for 5x4) but can't get to Yorkshire just now. Work insane.
Don't skip them- if you can't rehome them tell us here and I'll come visit. We've done stupider stuff- made an overnight trip Stornoway to Todmorden once to collect a rescue cat.

One member here came from Loch Lomond to Todmorden to collect an enlarger from me

TonyMiller 3rd November 2021 09:03 AM

Yes, I did a trip North from Pickering to Gretna Green during lockdown restrictions to meet a FADU member to collect a 5x4 enlarger!

skellum 3rd November 2021 09:47 AM

Hi Paul-unfortunately we only saw Todmorden by night. Collected a cat which had come from Greece, turned around and headed home. Did manage a nice Pub meal whilst there.

Mark Snowdon 3rd November 2021 02:04 PM

Thanks everyone, I currently have 11 enlargers in my house, its turning into a home for unwanted enlargers! Like you Skellum I use a LPL7451. (I traveled from North Yorkshire to Kings Lynn to collect it a few years ago). If I can't find a home for the 2 LPL's, they will go in the loft until someone wants them.

mpirie 3rd November 2021 02:14 PM

I made a trip from Aberdeen to Cambridge and back to collect a Durst AC1201 once......that was a long drive......suffered back pain for days afterwards.

Mike