Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   FADU 2010 (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   FADU 2010 Q and A (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2253)

Dave miller 6th March 2010 08:12 PM

FADU 2010 Q and A

If you want to raise any questions about FADU 2010 then please do so in this thread.

Dave miller 1st May 2010 09:10 AM

I have been asked if the submission of prints stuck to backing sheets are acceptable, the answer is yes, provided the backing sheet does not exceed the maximum paper size of 40cm x 50cm and the print size conforms to that given in the rules.

Please note the following rule amendment to clarify print borders required.

Whatever the size of your prints they must have a minimum of a 2cm plain border around the image area to allow for the matt overlap. The print will be displayed with a 1cm plain border visible between the image and the matt.
The rules posted for download have been amended to include the above, please make sure that you have the latest copy as HERE.

Dave miller 5th June 2010 09:03 AM

You may have notice our header banner giving a reminder that the submission date for entries is rapidly approaching.

les dix 6th June 2010 09:00 AM

If the print itself had no border but was stuck on a white backing sheet such that there was 2cm of white around it-would that be OK?

Dave miller 6th June 2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les dix (Post 31282)
If the print itself had no border but was stuck on a white backing sheet such that there was 2cm of white around it-would that be OK?

Yes, provided the backing sheet does not exceed the maximum paper size of 40cm x 50cm and the print size conforms to that given in the rules.

Mark Snowdon 6th July 2010 09:42 AM

Hi Dave,

Do I need to include a model release form if I submit a portrait of my son (age 22). If so, please could you direct me to a simple form that I can use. It may be a good idea to provide one on the forum that everyone could use?

Thanks

Mark

Dave miller 6th July 2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Snowdon (Post 32574)
Hi Dave,

Do I need to include a model release form if I submit a portrait of my son (age 22). If so, please could you direct me to a simple form that I can use. It may be a good idea to provide one on the forum that everyone could use?

Thanks

Mark

I don’t have a form, but just a simple declaration that briefly describes the picture and confirms that it is acceptable to submit it for display in FADU 2010 in accordance with the competition rules will suffice. It should be signed and dated by both the photographer and subject.
Does anybody have a suitable published form that we could use?

photomi7ch 7th July 2010 11:05 AM

model release blank

1 Attachment(s)
This release is a standard form. That can be used by anyone as a starting point to producing there own.

Dave miller 7th July 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photomi7ch (Post 32629)
This release is a standard form. That can be used by anyone as a starting point to producing there own.

Thanks Mitch, that will do nicely.

vincent 7th July 2010 11:59 AM

Do I need a model release form for photos of people on the street that I took several years ago?