Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Sale or Wanted (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Too many enlargers ! (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3383)

Xpres 22nd November 2010 12:05 AM

Too many enlargers !

Some of you may recall a recent post which led me to a very reasonably priced 504 with cold light. Well, I suppose no one will be too surprised to learn that I quite like the old thing and am going to keep it for the darkroom. ( Sorry to those who were interested. ) That, and an impulse buy of a Durst 1200, means I've now got too many enlargers. :rolleyes:
So, I wonder if anyone would be interested in my Simmon Omega D2? It has a variable condenser head and will cope with anything up to 5x4 with the various lens panels and neg carriers. I can sort you out a lens or two if you need them. There's a philips timer too.
I also have an 'Omegalite' head with a spare tube, although this is rated at 115v so you'll need a step up transformer. This was going to be my cold light set up!
If you fancy using an Ilford head on this then I have an adapter - I've now got to find one for the devere. :)
I'm open to offers...
When I've sorted out the Durst I'll also have one of those for sale - It'll have a 500 head.

MartyNL 22nd November 2010 12:22 AM

I know the feeling. All hardware and no workspace.:slap:

I have the 3 in bold on the go while the other 2 and various heads are mothballed.

3x Durst L12OO with CLS, VLS, Condenser and Multigraph
1x Durst L900 with CLS, VLS and Condenser
1x Durst M805 with Multigraph

My excuse is that 2 were orphaned!:D

Good luck with the sale I hope they go to good homes!

And I'm just curious what do you need to sort out with the L1200?

Dave miller 22nd November 2010 08:17 AM

Personally I think a bigger darkroom is the answer. :D

Xpres 22nd November 2010 10:23 AM

I'd live a big darkroom - can't afford the house to put it in though!

I've now got two L1200s and I want to set one up on a drop table, the one that doesn't get used will be for sale.

Trevor Crone 22nd November 2010 01:49 PM

I do envy you chaps with BIG darkrooms - I adore enlargers and could fill a house with them;)

Adrian Twiss 2nd December 2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpres (Post 40722)
Some of you may recall a recent post which led me to a very reasonably priced 504 with cold light. Well, I suppose no one will be too surprised to learn that I quite like the old thing and am going to keep it for the darkroom. ( Sorry to those who were interested. ) That, and an impulse buy of a Durst 1200, means I've now got too many enlargers. :rolleyes:
So, I wonder if anyone would be interested in my Simmon Omega D2? It has a variable condenser head and will cope with anything up to 5x4 with the various lens panels and neg carriers. I can sort you out a lens or two if you need them. There's a philips timer too.
I also have an 'Omegalite' head with a spare tube, although this is rated at 115v so you'll need a step up transformer. This was going to be my cold light set up!
If you fancy using an Ilford head on this then I have an adapter - I've now got to find one for the devere. :)
I'm open to offers...
When I've sorted out the Durst I'll also have one of those for sale - It'll have a 500 head.

Could you tell me how tall it is at full extension please? I need to see if it will fit on my table top. I had to get a low table for my L1200.

Thanks

CarlRadford 2nd December 2010 09:38 PM

Or a spare V35 :)

Leo Stehlik 2nd December 2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpres (Post 40722)
Some of you may recall a recent post which led me to a very reasonably priced 504 with cold light. Well, I suppose no one will be too surprised to learn that I quite like the old thing and am going to keep it for the darkroom.

There's no such a thing as too many enlargers. It is always a case of having not enough darkrooms. Therefore my advice is, do not sell an enlarger, just build & set-up another darkroom instead :-)

Xpres 2nd December 2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo Stehlik (Post 41780)
There's no such a thing as too many enlargers. It is always a case of having not enough darkrooms. Therefore my advice is, do not sell an enlarger, just build & set-up another darkroom instead :-)

Great idea... one darkroom at a time though. In the meantime there's nowhere to put them!

Quote:

Could you tell me how tall it is at full extension please? I need to see if it will fit on my table top. I had to get a low table for my L1200.
The omega is 68 inches fully extended.

LaunchK 3rd December 2010 07:54 AM

Hi Carl

I do have a spare V35

Keith