Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Meetings (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dartmoor in January 2020 - is ON ! (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12728)

B&W Neil 21st October 2019 12:12 PM

Dartmoor in January 2020 - is ON !

It appears some FADUs just can't get enough of Dartmoor in January - so we are going there in 2020!

The date is still to be decided but it will be a weekend towards the end of January to allow for getting over Christmas and New Year celebrations.

As usual we shall visit some good locations for photography, possible locations include: Wistman's Wood, Powder Mills, Horsham Steps Hisley Bridge, Bentor Church, Yarner Wood , Haytor / Haytor Quarry, River Dart and Fogging Tor Quarry - plus many more!

The walking will be light to moderate and the emphasis will be on image making opportunities. Appropriate winter outdoor clothing and walking boots/shoes are recommended.

If you can't make the weekend but could join in for a few hours, or stay for a day, that would be great – please do come along.

Those who have indicated their provisional interest so far are:

Neil
Barry
Bob
Martin Aislabie
Paul Diz
CornishChris
Tony and Jean Marlow
Clive Vincent

Last year we used the Newton Abbot Premier Inn and we found it to be a good affordable base to work from, so as the prices haven't changed much from last year we shall be using it again. But if you would prefer to arrange your own accommodation that's not a problem. I will provide details on booking the Premiere Inn once the dates have been decided.

This is a great opportunity to get back into trim after the Christmas / New Year excesses and an excellent way to kick-start your photography for 2020 – with like-minded people !

If you have any questions / queries about this gathering please post them here.

We hope to see you there.

Neil.

PaulDiz 22nd October 2019 06:31 AM

Thats great Neil thank you. Its in the Diary!
Cheers
Diz

B&W Neil 22nd October 2019 09:18 AM

Thanks for confirming Diz!

I shall be firming up the date soon and I look forward to catching up with you again on Dartmoor.

Neil.

CornishChris 22nd October 2019 05:05 PM

Count me in I will be there with the Mrs.

Christopher.

Rob Archer 22nd October 2019 07:41 PM

I'm certainly interested but will depend on work and family commitments.

B&W Neil 23rd October 2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornishChris (Post 127577)
Count me in I will be there with the Mrs.

Christopher.

Chris,

Good news, I'll be adding you and Mrs to the list when I next update it.

Neil.

B&W Neil 23rd October 2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Archer (Post 127581)
I'm certainly interested but will depend on work and family commitments.

I hope you can manage it Rob.

I'll add you to the next 'provisional' list and look forward to seeing you there if you can get away.

Neil.

David Lingham 23rd October 2019 12:24 PM

Put my name on the list please Neil.

Lostlabours 23rd October 2019 01:27 PM

I'm a maybe, depends on wifes health.

Ian

B&W Neil 23rd October 2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lingham (Post 127605)
Put my name on the list please Neil.

Will do David and I look forward to catching up with you again.

Neil.