Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Darkroom (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Lpl7454 enlarger (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13099)

GoodOldNorm 25th March 2020 08:30 AM

Lpl7454 enlarger

I wish to make some negative carriers for a LPL 7454 enlarger. If anyone would be kind enough to post a sketch showing the external dimensions and the thickness of the metal plates it would be most appreciated. Thank you.

skellum 25th March 2020 10:39 PM

hi Norm,
just saw this. I'll have a go at measuring up in the morning.
Are you stuck for a carrier? I'm not printing just now, so could even send one on loan as a template.

GoodOldNorm 26th March 2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skellum (Post 132044)
hi Norm,
just saw this. I'll have a go at measuring up in the morning.
Are you stuck for a carrier? I'm not printing just now, so could even send one on loan as a template.

Measurments would be great, I have had the enlarger stored away. There were no negative holders with it when I bought it. I have seen ones for sale on Ebay so I know what they look like. Thank you for the offer of the loan some pics of the hinges would be appreciated.

Terry S 26th March 2020 12:27 PM

For your information Norm, and for others.

I bought a new 35mm panoramic camera, that gives a negative nearly as wide as a 120 film. I have an enlarger that goes up to 120 film size.

To make things easy for myself, I just took a small amount of mounting board and stuck it into my film negative space on my enlarger, then made a mark where it was on the outside.

Totally disconnecting the enlarger, I put a ruler into the same space. Very quickly after this, I was able to ascertain where the aperture should be for the negative aperture.

I then cut out a hole, slightly smaller than required. Bit by bit, I then cut away more card until I had the right sized hole. I then placed this template on another bit of card and cut around it. I taped the two together to make a hinge and voila! I have a negative holder. It doesn't have all the neatness of an original metal one, but it does the job fine. :)

Terry S

GoodOldNorm 26th March 2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry S (Post 132059)
For your information Norm, and for others.

I bought a new 35mm panoramic camera, that gives a negative nearly as wide as a 120 film. I have an enlarger that goes up to 120 film size.

To make things easy for myself, I just took a small amount of mounting board and stuck it into my film negative space on my enlarger, then made a mark where it was on the outside.

Totally disconnecting the enlarger, I put a ruler into the same space. Very quickly after this, I was able to ascertain where the aperture should be for the negative aperture.

I then cut out a hole, slightly smaller than required. Bit by bit, I then cut away more card until I had the right sized hole. I then placed this template on another bit of card and cut around it. I taped the two together to make a hinge and voila! I have a negative holder. It doesn't have all the neatness of an original metal one, but it does the job fine. :)

Terry S

Thank you for that Terry, using mount board is a good workaround. I intend to make a negative carrier that takes a 4x5 neg with a top glass. Then I will make inserts for 6x9, 6x7, 6x6, 6x4.5 and 35mm. The inserts may be mount board plastic or metal. It will be a winter project now because I can not see me being able to travel to my friends garage to use his milling machine for some time.