Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Cameras - Pinhole (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   who has pinhole camera. (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5681)

photomi7ch 18th April 2012 07:48 PM

who has pinhole camera.

Welcome to this new section and thank you to Dave and the moderators for allowing it.

Yes I have a pinhole camera it is a Zero 6x9 multi format camera. I'm still getting used to it eventhough I have had it for quite sometime. I find it so relaxing I forget to wind the film on:o:)

big paul 18th April 2012 08:32 PM

I have never had or used a pinhole camera and at the moment I have no interest in doing so, BUT I would like to hear about other people using pinhole cameras , and maybe I will have a go. so good luck with your new thread and looking forward to reading and seeing the results .
if you forget to wind on what about a motor drive

StanW 18th April 2012 09:02 PM

I have an 8x10 pinhole camera, made from corrugated cardboard. The instructions, and a set of three brass lenses, came from the States.
And recently a Holga WPC has found its way into the collection.

B&W Neil 18th April 2012 10:05 PM

I own a Zero 2000 (6x6) pinhole camera and I must admit I need to use it more. Hopefully the new pinhole gallery will inspire me to do so :)

Neil.

MartyNL 18th April 2012 10:20 PM

I'm still to put my Skink pinhole pancake to the test. I bought the kit which includes both the zone and sieve plates.

It's already in a Copal "0" shutter and on a linhof panel ready to be taken for a spin.

Xpres 18th April 2012 10:56 PM

I have a 10x8, a 6x6 and a polaroid and am working on a 6x9 from an old ensign ranger. Just need to use them more rather than making new ones!

RichardWarom 19th April 2012 02:59 AM

I have the ilford Titan which I have only tried once but hope to do more with this later on.
Richard

Phil 19th April 2012 08:01 AM

Whilst I don't use them very often, I have two. Both old school consumer compact cameras with the lenses removed! They were both free, so I had nothing to lose.
My favourite is a 'panoramic' . .you know that heavily cropped 35mm format that some cameras came with in the 1990's. It has a wheel advance and it works great. Pinhole plate was a piece of soft drink's can (must have been Irn Bru :D) and the hole was made with a pin. Extreme stinginess is the mother of invention!
Phil

Bill 19th April 2012 09:04 AM

Like Phil I am working on an old broken camera I was given, a Zeiss Nettar that is fitted with a 0.3 mm pinhole I was also given. I am looking at making a pinhole for my Wista as well.

Bill

CornishPaul 19th April 2012 12:34 PM

I have a Zero 6 x 9, which I must get around to using more often, and I've just built an 8 x 10 from stiff card, picture frame moulding, staples and a roll of gaffer tape. When the weather improves and the winds die down I give this a go as well.