Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hello... again! (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12648)

DaveInElland 3rd October 2019 09:16 AM

Hello... again!

Morning all from West Yorkshire.

I signed up to FADU almost exactly four years ago having set up a darkroom again for the first time since the 1970s. Sadly, a growing family (my daughters, not mine) meant that the room was required as a bedroom and so in mid-2016 my enlarger was mothballed :(

Two weeks ago however I decided to try setting the enlarger up in a corner of the cellar and despite reservations it's actually proven to be workable - even if everything has to be packed away at the end of each session and negatives etcetera returned to the office.

So, hopefully the cellar won't be required for sleeping quarters any time soon (its a bit chilly down there) and I will be able to rediscover, again, the delights of the dark.

Regards to those I know ... you know who you are!

Dave

Anon01 3rd October 2019 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used to live in Pontefract, whilst I don't miss it after moving we do miss everything that we visited, we were hardly ever home, thackray museum, museum of film and photography, royal armories, railway museum, railways the list is endless...

Here is my darkroom this week returning after 40 years, just waiting on the enlarger to arrive

MartyNL 3rd October 2019 09:46 AM

Welcome back Dave and hopefully you'll consider taking part in the print exchange rounds when you're ready.

Miha 3rd October 2019 11:26 AM

Welocme again then!

Bill 3rd October 2019 02:48 PM

Hello and Welcome Dave, how is the Hasselblad treating you? If you are not using it I am sure I can give it a good home!

Bill

DaveInElland 3rd October 2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannik (Post 126734)

Here is my darkroom this week returning after 40 years, just waiting on the enlarger to arrive

Enjoy! Forty years is a long break

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveInElland 3rd October 2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyNL (Post 126743)
Welcome back Dave and hopefully you'll consider taking part in the print exchange rounds when you're ready.

Thank you. I participated in a few rounds last time around and will definitely have another go soon!

DaveInElland 3rd October 2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miha (Post 126746)
Welocme again then!

Thank you - I’m looking forward to getting back into things

DaveInElland 3rd October 2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 126755)
Hello and Welcome Dave, how is the Hasselblad treating you? If you are not using it I am sure I can give it a good home!

Bill

Hi Bill, you are always welcome to borrow the “expensive box” 🙂. I lugged a Mamiya RB67 around Seaham on Monday and shot five rolls of film - just wish I could get the hang of loading it onto a reel! 35mm is easy but I have a mental (or physical) block with 120. Must be my age.

Hope you are keeping well Sir

Mike O'Pray 3rd October 2019 03:17 PM

Welcome back Dave. When the final daughter gets married and the room is free again people will say at the wedding reception that you lost a daughter and gained a darkroom :D

Mike