Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hello From Cumbria (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13264)

High Sierra 20th June 2020 05:34 AM

Hello From Cumbria

Hi. My name is Pete. I'm a long-time film user. I had a brief flirtation with digital about 2000 to 2005 but lost interest after that saving digital for quick snaps or unusual situations.
I develop my own black and white film, and yesterday purchased an enlarger to try printing which I haven't done since about 1984. It will be some time before I can start as I need to sort out the loft.
I mainly use 35mm, but a couple of months ago I dug out my Hasselblad and was overjoyed to see it still works! After putting a couple of films through it, the larger negative has my juices flowing. I also have a Pentax 67 and a Fujifilm GF670 which will be getting some attention again (my medium format equipment has been in storage for a couple of years during some building work). I have geared my enlarger to the 6x7 negative (Durst M670). I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I'm putting together the darkroom.
Pete

Bob 22nd June 2020 06:49 PM

Hi Pete.

Welcome back to the dark side :)

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers, Bob.

CambsIan 22nd June 2020 07:22 PM

Hi Pete,welcome to the forum, all the help you need can be found on here from the members.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Ian

Mike O'Pray 22nd June 2020 07:35 PM

Welcome Pete. That's some great MF equipment you have and a very good enlarger. I am a Durst user myself but mine is the M605 so only good for up to 6x6

Mike

Richard Gould 22nd June 2020 07:37 PM

Hi Pete and welcome to Fadu, and the dark side of photography
Richard

MartyNL 22nd June 2020 08:02 PM

Welcome to fadu, Pete. Looking forward to seeing some of your work from where I used to call home.

DaveInElland 22nd June 2020 08:07 PM

Welcome Pete, you’ve come to the right place for advice on all aspects of film photography

High Sierra 22nd June 2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 134138)
Hi Pete.

Welcome back to the dark side :)

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks, Bob

Quote:

Originally Posted by CambsIan (Post 134143)
Hi Pete,welcome to the forum, all the help you need can be found on here from the members.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Ian

I'm sure I will, Ian, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray (Post 134147)
Welcome Pete. That's some great MF equipment you have and a very good enlarger. I am a Durst user myself but mine is the M605 so only good for up to 6x6

Mike

I saw Dave Butcher has one so that's all the recommendation I needed :D
It was the M605 I was thinking of initially but then realised I must look again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Gould (Post 134149)
Hi Pete and welcome to Fadu, and the dark side of photography
Richard

Thanks Richard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyNL (Post 134154)
Welcome to fadu, Pete. Looking forward to seeing some of your work from where I used to call home.

So am I :D . Don't expect much though :o
Thanks for your welcome, Marty

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveInElland (Post 134155)
Welcome Pete, you’ve come to the right place for advice on all aspects of film photography

Thanks, Dave. I'm surprised it took me so long to find the forum. It was my internet searches for enlargers that brought me here.

I hope to pick up my enlarger next week, but it's going to be quite a while before I'm in a position to start printing as my loft needs a little more clearing and modifying than I hoped. I won't have any excuses for lack of preparation!

Pete

Bill 23rd June 2020 06:31 AM

Welcome Pete from the south of Cumbria. Have fun.

Bill

mono 23rd June 2020 07:19 AM

Welcome to FADU, Pete!

Folker