Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   FADU 2010 (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Fadu 2010 (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3093)

Mark-NY 1st October 2010 11:12 AM

Mine arrived yesterday and it is quite a nice book. I am very pleased to have my amateur efforts included with such impressive work by others.

My family also enjoyed the book and I think now are a little more appreciative of my "old-fashioned" ways. :)

Roy_H 4th October 2010 08:39 PM

My copy arrived today and I am pleasantly surprised by the overall Blurb quality - as well as being indebted to Dave (as we all are, of course) for his efforts in ensuring that the 'exhibition that never was' is commemorated so effectively. What a show it would have been!

My previous experience with Blurb has only been with colour images, where I have found some unreliable colour consistency in their printing, despite using all the recommended profiling, etc.

The black and white and toned imagery looks excellent in this book though, as do the two full-colour photos. The blacks are rich and much of the subtlety in tone and colour appears to have been carried through to print.
I can only judge against my included own prints in terms of colour accuracy, where there is some marked variation from the originals, but this is not detrimental to the overall effect (it has even improved one in my opinion!).

All in all, definitely worth buying - for anyone who may be undecided!

vincent 6th October 2010 01:32 PM

Mine arrived at work today and I'm delighted with it. Thanks again Dave for your work in getting it together.

Rob Archer 7th October 2010 09:15 PM

Just got mine. Absolutely superb quality. Thanks dave for getting this together. There's a huge amount of satisfaction from seeing ones own work in print - particularly in such esteemed company!

Rob

StanW 7th October 2010 11:05 PM

How on earth did I come to miss this? I've just ordered my copy.

Trevor Crone 8th October 2010 12:08 PM

My copy was waiting for me on my return from a recent trip to Scotland. Excellent production and varied selection of work nicely spaced throughout the book. Pleased the temptation to put more than one image to a page was avoided.

Congratulations to all concerned.

brianrbird 10th October 2010 02:53 PM

Just ordered my copy. It looks really great, dare I say, but this years submissions, looked better than last!

Leo Stehlik 25th October 2010 02:20 PM

I received mine on Friday. It looks absolutely fantastic, great piece of work, very well done!

Dave Hall 27th October 2010 02:40 PM

Finally received my copy

The quality of the reproductions is stunning. The colours of the toned and Lith prints exceptional.

Les McLean 27th October 2010 05:46 PM

Received my copy at the weekend, excellent in all aspects. Thanks to Dave for the time and hard graft spent in putting it all together.