Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Darkroom Accessories Manuals (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Print Washer (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13164)

RMaydana 27th April 2020 01:18 AM

Print Washer

Hi, guys. I'm trying to get past lock-ups and I've decided to make my own paper wash. My problem is that to bring me one from the United States the cost is high, the product must travel to Paraguay. The washing machine I'm thinking about Vertical (space frames in the lab), for copies40x50cm. My doubts are in the entrance of liquid if it is by the side or by the floor of the washing machine the drainage, I am thinking about a species of siphon to empty and with an overflow envelope for the liquid. What you can collaborate on images and videos will be valued. A thousand thanks and a greeting from the south of the hemisphere. Here we are also in isolation.

Thx...

Estén a salvo, y bien cuidados, mantengamos la distancia...
Saludos

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

photomi7ch 27th April 2020 08:15 AM

I made this print washer some time ago. It is small scale compared to what you are after. but it may give you some ideas.

all the best with the lock down:)

Print washer

Martin Aislabie 27th April 2020 07:57 PM

Have a look at these commercial print washers made by The Imagining Warehouse - https://www.theimagingwarehouse.com/...chival-Washers

Water comes in to a manifold and is then injected in to the bottom of each washing chamber and leaves over a wear at the top.

It is important that you can remove the intermediate partitions for occasional cleaning.

It is critical that at least one side of each washing chamber has a rough texture to create turbulence in the washing water.

I should add - Imaging Warehouse ship their washers all over the world and so it might be worth getting a quote for the cost of shipping to Paraguay

Martin

RMaydana 27th April 2020 08:25 PM

Martin, thank you very much for your comments.
The comment about having a rough base to generate turbulence is interesting, one of my concerns is to avoid it sticking to the divider sheets.
for my work with only 5 spices of wash is more than enough.
I will do the consultation and understand the cost of shipping.

thank you very much for your contribution.

RMaydana 27th April 2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photomi7ch (Post 132783)
I made this print washer some time ago. It is small scale compared to what you are after. but it may give you some ideas.

all the best with the lock down:)

Print washer

Thank you very much for your contribution, your site is interesting... I will see to consider your comments when planning the prototype.

thank you

photomi7ch 28th April 2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMaydana (Post 132805)
Thank you very much for your contribution, your site is interesting... I will see to consider your comments when planning the prototype.

thank you

You are welcome.

The texture of the dividers are important if you wish to create a cascade affect this is where the water flows from one divider to the other. I chose the set up I did because it became obvious that I could not get plastic textured enough off the shelf. so changed to a concealed inlet to create a swirling motion and slotted dividers so the motion of the water passing through then would stop the paper sticking. It works well in practice. but consumes a lot of water.

This post print washing is the research that went on before the final build. I forgot I wrote this and should have posted it first.

MikeHeller 28th April 2020 10:50 AM

Very interesting series of articles. Well worth a read. Thanks for posting.
Mike

photomi7ch 28th April 2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHeller (Post 132814)
Very interesting series of articles. Well worth a read. Thanks for posting.
Mike

Thank you mike you are welcome.