Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hello from The Lakes (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13298)

Sanemancured 9th July 2020 07:35 PM

Hello from The Lakes

Another Pete from Cumbria here except I'm Peter.

I have been using cameras with various degrees of seriosity (?) for at least 50 years. At Uni in the early 80's (Royal Naval Engineering College, Manadon, Plymouth) I discovered the joys of developing and printing in a well stocked and equipped college darkroom and used an Olympus OM2n with a 50mm f/1.4.

Over the following years I've been mainly a Nikon film and digital shooter although digitally I now have a trio of Fujifilm X bodies (X-Pro2, X-t2 and X-H1) and a good variety of lenses.

Enough of that. This year I rediscovered the joys of shooting black and white film with a Canon A-1 followed by an F-1 new and a selection of lenses. More recently I bought a Mamiya M645 1000s bodies and I have 5 lenses. 35mm 3.5, 55mm 2.8, 80mm 2.8, 150mm 3.5 and 210mm 4.0 and a 2nd body. I have just started using the zone system for exposure and I've acquired a Asahi Pentax Spotmeter V.

My journey is very rewarding at the moment and I hope to share some images. If anyone has a spare case for my spotmeter please pm me.

I home develop loading film in a dark bag, scan with an Epson V550 and use Lightroom Classic for moderate adjustments. I'm considering setting up bathroom No2 as a darkroom. It needs some planning (that receives the wife's approval).

Peter

Bob 10th July 2020 02:32 AM

Hi Peter.

Welcome to the site. Mentions of the Zone System suggests large format may be looming in your future :)

As you are currently printing digitally we won't be able to see your images here as we only allow copies of darkroom printed prints on the FADU forum, but do feel free to point people to elsewhere where you may have them available to view. And, of course, once your darkroom is up and running post some print scans - I'm sure it will all come back to you - but if you have any questions, do ask!

Have fun, Bob.

MartyNL 10th July 2020 06:23 AM

Welcome to the forum, Peter.
Good luck with the application, planning and approval and setting up of your darkroom! :)

Bill 10th July 2020 06:32 AM

Welcome to the forum Peter from the Furness Peninsula.

Enjoy your film work and definitely build that darkroom.

Bill

John King 10th July 2020 08:22 AM

Welcome

Ah a Nikon user - a man of taste. I have used Nikons since heaven knows when and they have always been utterly reliable.

(Errr, I do have a like for Minolta's though)

mono 10th July 2020 08:27 AM

Welcome to FADU, Peter!

CambsIan 10th July 2020 10:34 AM

Hi Peter, welcome to FADU, hope you enjoy your time here.

Ian

Mike O'Pray 10th July 2020 10:56 AM

Hi Peterand welcome. A good range of shooting gear by the sound of things and the luxury of the Lakes. What more could you want? :D

Mike

Richard Gould 10th July 2020 11:25 AM

Hi Peter and welcome to Fadu
Richard

PanFrank 10th July 2020 05:14 PM

Welcome Peter & enjoy!
Frank