Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   New products and offers (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Reveni Light Meter (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13053)

Michael 31st March 2020 02:16 PM

I've just had notice that my pledge has been taken up. I don't know whether anyone else here supported the project: in any case, I'll post here whenever it moves on a bit.

The pandemic could of course slow things up.

Mike O'Pray 31st March 2020 07:33 PM

Michael when it does arrive I and I am sure all the rest of us will be interested in its accuracy compared to hand held reflective meters

As I said if the chip is OK and it seems that size and function are not related in micro-chip size then the part that receives the light is certainly larger than my Hannimex meter and maybe not a lot smaller than other handheld meters. Once again I have no idea if there is a size in the light receiving part beyond which, area doesn't matter.

Mike

John King 3rd April 2020 07:37 AM

Meters

I think I will stick with my Minolta Autometer 3. It has both the incident light attachment and a spot meter attachment. But apart from that it is also very accurate - so why change it.

Michael 17th August 2020 11:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
My meter arrived this morning and it's going to be pretty handy. All I ordered was just the meter but various accessories are also on the go. I can make sense of the read-out without glasses. Here are some pictures of it sitting on a Leica IIIf.

Mike O'Pray 17th August 2020 12:07 PM

Michael it is a neat size and gives a very clear and simple read-out. How does it compare to a small hand-held meter? If it is as accurate then it does square the circle of neatness and accessibility.

It is always there on the camera and staring you in the face as it were which is handy

Mike

skellum 21st August 2020 07:01 AM

Good Morning Michael-
That does look useful. Small enough to leave in place without being cumbersome.
As some have observed, it won't be as accurate as the TTL Matrix metering in a more modern (Ha!) SLR, and won't do Incident. However, that is missing the point. It will still be considerably more accurate than my best 'sunny 16' guesstimates. It will always be on camera, not left at home in a different camera bag. With practice a user will be able to apply their own weighting to a reading just by tilting the camera when metering, and the display will be easy to read even in poor light.
All in all, a useful little tool.

Nice Leica, by the way.

Michael 21st August 2020 08:30 AM

Colin, all points taken and basically agreed with (though my relationship with that Leica is emotional rather than rational).

I have now "tested" the meter in use with both FP4+ and PanF+ and find it very practical so far. It is fine on that Leica IIIf but, on a Leica II that I also have, its bottom edge butts slightly on the camera's shutter speed selector. Never mind that: the negatives are correctly exposed.

Finally, just to show that it's not just a toy and that there's been thought behind its development, here's a link to the user manual.