Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hello from Elad, Israel! (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13493)

danielb 1st November 2020 03:58 AM

Hello from Elad, Israel!

My name is Daniel Baerwald, I was born in Chile in 1955.
In 1970, my father bought for himself a "new" Japanese reflex camera, so he gave me his old Leica IIIf. I fell in love instantly with photography and in a few months, I had built a small darkroom.
At the end of high school, my dream was to become a photographer. However, my parents had a different plan and I did not win that battle. I had to pursue a "real career" at the University. One day my camera was stolen; frustrated, I stopped dreaming.
In 2008 I moved to Israel, and in 2015 one morning I decided to finish what I had started more than 40 years earlier. I built a Darkroom in my kitchen/salon, and I hope to start enjoying it soon.
I own a few 35mm and Medium format film cameras, but something was missing in my collection and in my heart: My Leica IIIf. I admit it was kind of a real obsession to have it again. Well, last week I bought one from the UK and I hope to receive it soon.
I am glad I found this Forum and continue to learn and enjoy film photography
All the best
Daniel

Bob 1st November 2020 09:35 PM

Welcome aboard Daniel.

I hope you have many happy times to come with your Leica!

CambsIan 1st November 2020 10:08 PM

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here.

Ian

MartyNL 1st November 2020 10:32 PM

Hello and welcome to fadu.

MichaelJ 1st November 2020 11:39 PM

Hullo!

That's a good story- the journey's often just as interesting as the destination! Do you have any of the negatives from your 'previous life'? I've started operating an enlarger again this year and although I have some massive gaps in my neg file, putting some shots from the early '90s in the carrier and watching them come to life in the tray is a very moving process... look out Marcel Proust!

Hope your Leica makes you happy and that you find info-tainment on this forum.

Mike O'Pray 2nd November 2020 01:26 AM

Welcome Daniel. Good picture hunting with the Leica

Mike

Quendil 2nd November 2020 07:53 AM

Welcome to FADU

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mono 2nd November 2020 08:11 AM

Welcome to FADU, Daniel!

Terry S 2nd November 2020 01:54 PM

Welcome! :)

Terry S

Svend 2nd November 2020 02:27 PM

Welcome Daniel. I have many fond memories of work trips to northern Chile. What an amazing country! And I fully understand how you could be smitten by the Leica IIIf -- my brother is restoring an original model III which was later converted by Leica after the war to a IIIf. What a fantastic camera....craftsmanship like a fine Swiss watch. Very special camera, that. Enjoy!