Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Meetings (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dartmoor in January 2012 (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5139)

Leo Stehlik 22nd November 2011 10:39 PM

Dartmoor in January 2012

During the recent visit to Darmoor last weekend, I thought it would be good to re-visit Darmoor yet again in January 2012. As some of you may know, this is the best time to photograph ice & icicles in Dartmoor (see few examples in the FADU meeting gallery) ;)

How about a FADU meet up at the Riverside Inn in Bovey Tracey again for extended weekend 19th - 23rd January 2012?
I'm decided to go anyway, just thought I'll let you all know what I'm up to, just in case anybody would be interested in joining me there? :)

Leo.

B&W Neil 23rd November 2011 08:39 AM

Leo,
We can't have you and Natalie going there and freezing by all by yourselves so count me in !

Have you booked at the Riverside ?

Neil.

Leo Stehlik 23rd November 2011 04:42 PM

Hi Neil, it will be great to see you again! Yes, have booked at The Riverside again friday - sunday, this time might be able to extend and stay until Monday (I hope!)

Rob Archer 23rd November 2011 06:11 PM

I may be sorely tempted! I just need to know what leave I can have and what the rest of the family are doing first.

Rob

B&W Neil 23rd November 2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo Stehlik (Post 61045)
Hi Neil, it will be great to see you again! Yes, have booked at The Riverside again friday - sunday, this time might be able to extend and stay until Monday (I hope!)

Hi Leo,

I have just made my booking at The Riverside Inn for 20/21 & 22 of January - that's the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights :) It will be good to be back on the moor again - especially if there is some nice ice about.

I am looking forward to starting off 2012 on Dartmoor!

Neil.

B&W Neil 23rd November 2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Archer (Post 61048)
I may be sorely tempted! I just need to know what leave I can have and what the rest of the family are doing first.

Rob

It would be great if you could make this one Rob. If you need to be picked up / dropped off from Newton Abbot station I could do that OK :)

The Riverside Inn are holding their prices for 2012 and the deal is still £35 per night for single en suite accommodation with an optional full - English for just £5.

We hope you can make it :)

Neil.

Leo Stehlik 23rd November 2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Archer (Post 61048)

Rob

Rob, it would be great if you could make it! I will drive to Dartmoor from Orpington, Kent, so just in case you would like to join me for at least a part of the journey there and back, ... I will have plenty of space in my car...

Leo Stehlik 23rd November 2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B&W Neil (Post 61052)
Hi Leo,

I have just made my booking at The Riverside Inn for 20/21 & 22 of January - that's the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights :) It will be good to be back on the moor again - especially if there is some nice ice about.

I am looking forward to starting off 2012 on Dartmoor!

Neil.

great! ;)

Martin Howse 25th November 2011 07:23 PM

Booking at Riverside Inn Bovey Tracey

Hi Leo

Hope you don't mind but we have just booked 3 nights as well at the Riverside Inn. We love being up on the Moor trying to capture it's moods. It will be good to meet you and see Neil again. It has been several years since we last met.

Martin and Vivien

Martin Howse 27th November 2011 09:16 PM

Hi Leo
Hope you don't mind but my wife and I have also booked for these nights at the Riverside Inn and would like to join you on your forays onto Dartmoor. Vivien is also a photographer and has been learning to print in the darkroom.

Neil, it is some time since I have seen you and look forward to meeting up again.

Martin Howse