Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Exhibition: Chotebor Castle, Czech Republic (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Chotebor Castle Exhibition 2013 details (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5735)

Leo Stehlik 3rd May 2012 02:17 PM

Chotebor Castle Exhibition 2013 details

Having the first year of the exhibition at the Chotebor castle behind us, it is now a good time to start planning for the 2013 exhibition.

Same as last year, all FADU friends are invited to take part at the exhibition in 2013 as well!

The exhibition will take place between March 22nd and May 27th 2013 (end date to be confirmed later on) at the Chotebor Castle, Chotebor.

The opening night of the exhibition is Thursday 21st March 2013, and it will take place at the Chotebor Castle from 5.00 pm. There will be an annual gathering of our photo club during the weekend of 23rd and 25th March 2013 in the small village of Bilek nearby. We plan to do some photo outings to the beautiful area of river Doubravka near Chotebor.

Submitting your prints:
You can submit up to three unmounted prints (a series or single prints) of any format, with the image size between 10x12 centimeters up to 26x36 centimeters. For square format, the maximum size we can accommodate is 36x36 centimeters.

All submitted prints must have at least 2 centimeters border (black or white) to allow convenient mounting and framing. Backing sheets are acceptable and they (as well) must have at least 2 centimeters plain border.

All prints will be displayed unframed, behind 50x40cm white mount card, with no border between the image and the mount card.

The subject matter is open, however please remember the prints will be on public display. Please consider to submit a set of 4 related images, as we will do our best to display all 4 images you submit for this exhibition.

Images must be printed from a negative or positive, colour or monochrome, exposed in a film camera.

For alternative / historic printing techniques, we allow "making a large format negative" up to the size of 8x10" using the digital way, such as scanning and printing any original negative exposed in a film camera of any format (135, 120, 4x5", 5x7"). Again, please note this is only allowed for alternative techniques.

Any inkjet, digital, computer manipulated, and printed images will not be accepted.

Paper type and finish of any choice. Toning and other treatments welcome.

On the back of each print please write your name, full postal address and the name of the print. We recommend to use a soft 4B pencil, to avoid damaging the surface of the print.

The entry fee for the exhibition is £10. The fee is payable via paypal to Leo Stehlik (lstehlik@51nls.co.uk), alternatively using a sterling cheque payable to L. Stehlik (UK only). The fee does not include return postage. If you would like to have your prints returned, please contact me via email, and we will agree how we do this later on when the exhibition will close. Prints not required to be returned will be destroyed.

All FADU friends who do want to participate in this exhibition, please post here and send me an email to confirm your interest, and I will email you back the postal address for submitting your prints.

The deadline for submitting prints for the exhibition is 31st January 2013.

If you are interested in participating at the opening of the exhibition and / or for the weekend, please email me and I will send you the details how to best get to Chotebor, and how and where to book your accomodation. For your consideration, an EasyJet flight from Gatwick to Prague is typically between £100 - £150 one way, or Stansted to Brno £50 - £100 one way; local trains to Chotebor around £30 one way, and accomodation around £40 per day. Rental cars available at airports.

In case of any questions please email me at photography@leostehlik.co.uk, and I will do my best to respond to you as soon as I can.

Leo Stehlik 11th November 2012 12:00 AM

update:

The exhibition will run from March 22nd and May 5th 2013 at the Chotebor Castle, Chotebor.
The opening will take place on Thursday 21st March 2013 at the Chotebor Castle.

Leo Stehlik 25th January 2013 11:19 PM

Just a friendly reminder to all of you who would like to participate in Chotebor Castle exhibition in 2013, I will need to receive you submissions latest by first week in February.

Having said that, all of those who submitted prints for Chotebor Castle 2012, and whose prints we've still got in our archives, options are we can send you your prints back, or we can use them for this year's exhibition(s) (yes, we do plan two exhibitions this year in two different locations) again.

More details via my email address photography@leostehlik.co.uk

Regards
Leo

Leo Stehlik 24th March 2013 12:01 AM

No video from the opening yet, but at least a teaser from afuk.cz members visit to see the exhibition earlier today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umRW7nMoicc

Barry 24th March 2013 09:09 AM

Wow what a venue! Thanks for posting the link Leo I'm sorry I could not make it to the opening.

MartyNL 25th March 2013 07:51 AM

Looks great Leo!

B&W Neil 25th March 2013 11:02 AM

It looks very good again Leo and I wish you all a good exhibition and much merriment. Hopefully I will manage to get organised one year and make it over to join you.

I look forward to seeing the exhibition video in due course.

Neil.

Leo Stehlik 25th March 2013 11:23 PM

set of images from the opening courtesy of Milos Mraz in the following website.

http://www.afuk.cz/vernisaz-afuku-20...-milose-mraze/

Leo Stehlik 25th March 2013 11:28 PM

Barry, Neil, it would be great to have you at the opening.

That said, there will be more exhibitions comming this year, the next one starts on 24th May and will take place at Zirovnice Castle.

I hope to post more information here on FADU, and all friends of FADU are invited to participate.

ivanbpalli 26th March 2013 10:21 AM

Thanks for the video and images, Leo, the exhibition looks great.

Ivan