Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Print Finishing (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Ilford print labels (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5955)

Trevor Crone 1st July 2012 04:02 PM

Ilford print labels

Opened a box of 50 sheets 9.5"x12" Ilford Warmtone FB paper and inside was a foiled envelope containing 18 self-adhesive labels, "ILFORD genuine silver gelatin fine art paper".

Anyone come across these before?

Dave miller 1st July 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Crone (Post 70076)
Opened a box of 50 sheets 9.5"x12" Ilford Warmtone FB paper and inside was a foiled envelope containing 18 self-adhesive labels, "ILFORD genuine silver gelatin fine art paper".

Anyone come across these before?

Only 18; dos'nt seem like they expect a very high success rate.:)

Jon Butler 1st July 2012 05:41 PM

Just opened 6 new packets of FB WT Gloss 3 of each 14x11 & 20x16 no lables in these, parhaps there just for you Trevor.
J.

big paul 1st July 2012 05:48 PM

are you sure it wasn't a willy wonka bar heee heeee.................
you would think that they could print that information on the back of the paper, silly sods..............

Trevor Crone 1st July 2012 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Butler (Post 70079)
Just opened 6 new packets of FB WT Gloss 3 of each 14x11 & 20x16 no lables in these, parhaps there just for you Trevor.
J.

No Jon it was just a random box I bought recently from Silverprint.

I've emailed Ilford.

Attached scan of just one of the stickers.

I would think they are intended to be stuck either on the back of a print or mount when selling work to indicate that it is a genuine silver gelatin print?

Trevor Crone 1st July 2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big paul (Post 70080)
are you sure it wasn't a willy wonka bar heee heeee.................
you would think that they could print that information on the back of the paper, silly sods..............

Could be Paul - perhaps they may even give me the factory:D

GuySpurr 1st July 2012 06:24 PM

I've found a set in a recently purchased box of 50 12x16 MGIV FB. In my case, 18 is wildly optimistic ! :)

Trevor Crone 11th July 2012 05:03 PM

Just received a curious email from Ilford regarding these labels; apparently they were packed in error and they are not for resale. :confused:

Keith Cocker 11th July 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Crone (Post 70472)
Just received a curious email from Ilford regarding these labels; apparently they were packed in error and they are not for resale. :confused:

£900 starting price on eBay? You could be in the money!

Mike O'Pray 11th July 2012 06:09 PM

Simon Galley of Ilford fame has posted an announcement thread on this on another forum so "packed in error" makes it sound as Ilford's right hand doesn't know what it left hand is doing in that my interpretation of "in error" suggests that the idea was a mistake.

18 seems to be the magic number and several have asked why not 50 in a 50 paper pack but I haven't seen an answer from Ilford

They may not be for re-sale and are not a purchaseable item but it looks as if they will work their way through to all FB packs so not a mistake in that sense of the word.

Mike