Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Richard Gould (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14038)

Richard Gould 11th December 2021 07:49 PM

Thanks John and Mike I will be glad to see the end of this year and back to photography
Richard

Bob 11th December 2021 08:38 PM

Glad to see you are on the mend Richard - seems you have had a seriously rubbish year. I hope future ones improve considerably!

Richard Gould 11th December 2021 08:58 PM

Thanks B0v, it has been a nasty year, bt iit seems to be over, the worst part is thatI have had ton give up, at least for quite a while, my lovely old MGF, , it is very low slung and after what happened to me in October/November I can't get in it c9omfortably, I need the door widee i open, if I can't have the door wide I cannot get out, I had to lift my legs ir and out, so for now it is in storge
Richard

Terry S 12th December 2021 01:10 PM

Good new for the both of you, which is always good to hear. :)

Terry S

Mike O'Pray 12th December 2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Gould (Post 142680)
Thanks B0v, it has been a nasty year, bt iit seems to be over, the worst part is thatI have had ton give up, at least for quite a while, my lovely old MGF, , it is very low slung and after what happened to me in October/November I can't get in it c9omfortably, I need the door widee i open, if I can't have the door wide I cannot get out, I had to lift my legs ir and out, so for now it is in storge
Richard

I recall my cousin's MG Midget which might or might not be smaller than the MGF but frankly I seem to recall the same difficulties with that and I was 20 at the time :)

Mike

Richard Gould 12th December 2021 03:39 PM

The midget was smaller than the f but .I loved my f and it was great fun but with my problems I need comfort so I will stay with.my focus for now
Richard

Martin Aislabie 12th December 2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Gould (Post 142672)
Hi Hohn and thanks for the kind thoughts. from all he4re. I have been very unwell since early October. having suffered a small stroke in June, and fully recovered from thatgot a small ear ache in October, went to the Doc, and ended upmwith a major ear infection, which upset my bLnce and I tripped up at hoje one noght and next thing I remember is waking up 8n the Ambulance on the way to hospital, and was in and out of hospital most of october , then back agtain in November for iron and blood transfusions as I got anemia due to olosing a lot of blood when I fell in October, but last Friday I have finallyt been dicscharged as cured, so now I need to get my darkroom up and running again, and sort out my cameras. I have used neither since October, and should be back in business soon. I have looked in here from time to time to keepm up with things, and gope to be back in the print exchanges in January or Febuary.
Richard

Blimey Richard - that sounds like a really rough few months.

Glad you think you are through the worst of it and hope you will recover fully soon.

Good luck

Martin

ps - the MGF - the 1940s version or the 1990s one ?

Richard Gould 12th December 2021 06:15 PM

IHi Martin,, It hs certainly not been an eqasy year, for and my Wife, , but the doctors assure us that as long as I take the tablet5s then all should be fine, and next year wil a lot better, and I am now discharged from it all, Thaks for the good wishes, and the F is the 90's one, in my case a 2001 version, made by Rover, oje of the last ofb the line of great British MG sports cars, and it has had everything done, head gasket,cam belt and water pump and stainless steel long water pipes, nt ojne of those things, I can't comfrtably and safelyuse it at the moment, so I have it in storage for the moment
Richard

skellum 12th December 2021 08:10 PM

Very sorry to hear about your troubles Richard. It does sound as if you're on the mend, so pace yourself and get your strength back in your own time. We're all keen to see you active here again, but not if it means putting any kind of strain on your recovery.
I hope you get enough mobility back to get the MGF on the road again. My TF needs a bit of love over the winter, but she's still the best fun car to drive I've ever had.

Richard Gould 12th December 2021 08:56 PM

Thanks for the kind words as for taking things easy I won",t have much say in the matter my Wife will take care of that as for MG time will tell but it will be a while but at least I can walk well now and my darkroom will be up and running soon and although not an f it is comfortable and gets me around I and I can get back on here
Richard