View Single Post
Old 16th February 2020, 02:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clark View Post
Norm, what film are you planning to develop in your Paterson Orbital? If you already use this film in 35mm or 120 format, just develop it the same way in the Orbital. Same developer, same time. One difference I would recommend. I don't know what magic Mike evokes when he does intermittent agitation, but whenever I have tried this I got uneven development. So I agitate continuously, BUT VERY GENTLY. This doesn't seem to require a reduction in development time. For Foma 400, for e.g. , for N-1, I develop in ID11 diluted 1:2 for 14 minutes, same time as I use for the same film in 120 or 35mm.

Alan
Foma 200 just because it is good value for the money, 4x5 is very new to me so I am expecting a fair amount of blunders on my behalf to begin with. Ilford films are my first choice in any format. Is alternating the rocking essential, backwards and forwards then left to right, forward and back, right to left?

Last edited by GoodOldNorm; 16th February 2020 at 02:16 PM.