View Single Post
Old 16th March 2020, 12:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Paul your post made me look at Ag stop baths and by far the cheapest is the Tetenal 5L acetic acid. At a dilution of 1:50 this is 250L of the stuff for under £22 so about 8.8p per litre. OK it is colourless so no indication of exhaustion but at this price you could certainly afford to change it more often

A bit behind on value for money is the Kodak stuff which I have. At 1:63 it goes even further and has an indicator but in comparison with Tetenal it is a lot more expensive on a volume for volume basis. Roughly about 28p per litre for Kodak, taking into account the bigger dilution for it whereas Tetenal is about 8.8p per litre

Mike
Requiring some replacement stop bath, of the acetic acid variety, I've trawled all the sponsors sites and elsewhere. The cheapest by far that I've found, is Kodak, which dilutes as you say at 1:63 and what I've constantly used in the past.

The following ebay seller is selling a 473ml bottle, which is almost twice the size that you worked out your calculations on Mike, for the sum of £13.78 including p/p. This price is way below your £22.00, for a bottle holding nearly twice as much! Unless I've got it totally wrong, this price beats all the others quoted by a mile.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kodak-Ind...72.m2749.l2649

Terry S