View Single Post
Old 21st October 2021, 08:56 AM
Friend

Good Morning Uwe.
I've just looked back at the last few print exchanges. Participation has settled at 10-12 regular participants. I suspect a negative exchange will attract excatly the same folk, but not all of them as time might be an issue for some. Perhaps just half a dozen people will ask to be involved.
I also notice that the Print exchanges feature mostly 35mm, with some 6x6 and a little 5x4.That surprised me- I thought most of us had moved to the larger formats. Personally I barely use 35mm anymore, as I just prefer the smoother, richer tonality of a bigger negative.
However, I suspect we can probably all do 35mm? Certainly based on the print exchanges it would suit most potential participants.
'Pairing' is not only the easiest way to track who has posted and who is yet to return, but I think there's an benefit in the learning process.
By the end of the round each participant will have two pairs of prints; his own negative printed by himself and his partner, and his partner's negative also printed by himself and the partner.
It should give the clearest idea of differences in style and approach, rather than mixing it up.
If we have: A sends to B, B sends to F, F sends to C etc I think you lose some of that clarity.

Of course, at any point at all any member is free to contact any other member to arrange a private negative exchange.
Perhaps if anyone is doing this they could tell us about their experiences?