View Single Post
Old 4th March 2021, 05:19 PM
Friend

Well, I've watched the video mentioned in the first post and it was in the usual easy going and helpful format.

It was interesting to see that a bit of (fresh and new) perspex gives the best result, but seeing the results, I may be like the guy in the video, and not particularly like the very high gloss result.

As he says, RC glossy papers give the same result in a much easier way - and even more so if you heat dry them with a purpose made drier or even a hair drier. If you have one of the heated glazing driers, DON'T try out RC prints on it though, or you could end up saying bye, bye to it all.

Interestingly I was given one of the heated driers with a shiny glazing plate and I have it on my list of things to do, to cut and sew a new canvas cover for it (as mentioned in a previous post). I'll give the real shiny look a go, but based on what is said in the video along with my past experience in the 1970's, it may well be just used to dry prints a bit flatter and when I'm in a hurry, with them facing up to the new canvas.

Terry S