View Single Post
Old 13th March 2014, 12:24 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clark View Post
I think his method of lifting the edges an inch is asking for trouble and can lead to uneven development round the edges caused by developer bouncing off the sides of the tray.
This is something I should have emphasised more in my original article, though I did say the agitation should be gentle.
To be clear about this, when I use a tray as described in the article, and when I use a Paterson Orbital, I lift the corners by the absolute minimum amount I can manage, i.e. no more than a few millimetres. After gently lifting one corner like this I move straight to another corner, lifting sucessive corners in a random fashion. The objective is to get the developer to move very gently. That way you get even development.

Alan
Hmmm... It hasn't happened to me yet Alan, but I do use 1:100 and 1:500 working solutions of my favourite developers. I also pre-soak for 5 minutes in water before going on to developing. The lift and put down isn't violent or quick, so maybe that is why I get no uneven development?

richard