Thread: Silver print.
View Single Post
Old 29th January 2020, 08:46 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
This is getting almost to epidemic proportions. I spent several hours last Friday phoning round to buy colour processing materials and film from the usual suspects.

The supply of C41 and RA4 is in my appreciation, a bit like a lottery. Only one dealer had both chemicals at a quite inflated price compared to my last lot. I didn't want to pay twice for carriage from different suppliers which would have just about balanced the price difference for the goods.

Kodak or Fuji 200iso colour film in 36 exp cassettes is next to impossible to find unless you buy the top priced version. I have enough film to see me for a couple of months so I declined.

Is it possible that there is ACTUALLY a larger resurgence in film photography that we think and this has caught the manufacturers off guard? I would like to think so, if there is they may actually get their fingers out and increase production.
Like you I have noticed that it is impossible to get both types of colour products from the same supplier and the price is through the roof.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.