View Single Post
Old 9th July 2020, 07:35 PM
Friend

Default Hello from The Lakes

Another Pete from Cumbria here except I'm Peter.

I have been using cameras with various degrees of seriosity (?) for at least 50 years. At Uni in the early 80's (Royal Naval Engineering College, Manadon, Plymouth) I discovered the joys of developing and printing in a well stocked and equipped college darkroom and used an Olympus OM2n with a 50mm f/1.4.

Over the following years I've been mainly a Nikon film and digital shooter although digitally I now have a trio of Fujifilm X bodies (X-Pro2, X-t2 and X-H1) and a good variety of lenses.

Enough of that. This year I rediscovered the joys of shooting black and white film with a Canon A-1 followed by an F-1 new and a selection of lenses. More recently I bought a Mamiya M645 1000s bodies and I have 5 lenses. 35mm 3.5, 55mm 2.8, 80mm 2.8, 150mm 3.5 and 210mm 4.0 and a 2nd body. I have just started using the zone system for exposure and I've acquired a Asahi Pentax Spotmeter V.

My journey is very rewarding at the moment and I hope to share some images. If anyone has a spare case for my spotmeter please pm me.

I home develop loading film in a dark bag, scan with an Epson V550 and use Lightroom Classic for moderate adjustments. I'm considering setting up bathroom No2 as a darkroom. It needs some planning (that receives the wife's approval).

Peter