View Single Post
Old 20th June 2016, 01:57 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
The beauty of the f4 is that just about any pre digital lens will work on it (see lens compatibility chart on ken rockwell site). Also it well dust proofed and built like a tank,shame it has no built in flash. I have 2, one in mint condition the other well battered but still going strong. They are quite big and heavy, never had a problem with the DP-20.
My DP-20 comment was largely based on the relatively cheaper bodies I saw on eb&5 and APUG listings. Perhaps I was too quick.

Quote:
I use a F2.8 28-70mm afd lens on mine most of the time it is an absolute gem of a lens, I often read on the net that zoom lenses are not as sharp as prime lenses; if the 28-70mm afd is not sharp enough for you, consider having an eyesight test.
Re. Zoom lens sharpness: H. Nasse (from Zeiss) made a very positive comments in an interview on a YouTube video - i.e., bearing some conditions met, some zoom lenses are quite sharp and that there are some very zoom lenses in the market already. The whole interview would've been lot more educational for me if that Aussie bloke stopped interrupting him. As to why I was watching an Otus related video, don't ask me!

Quote:
Another camera that is often overlooked is the FE2, it has a good range of functions and it can do TTL flash. Cheap as chips but a bit fragile/plasticky is the Lightweight F80 it has brilliant exposure meter on par with the F100 and F5 but it likes AFD lens best to sing. A very good camera for hiking and easily replaced at low cost, I often see these go for less than £25 on Ebay.
Please no more temptation, Norm! I've already said I'd like to get another Nikon body!*

Bests,
Ashfaque

* Then again F2 and F3 are beautiful too.

Last edited by ashfaque; 20th June 2016 at 02:03 PM.