Thread: Clubs
View Single Post
Old 24th September 2015, 09:41 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hall View Post
I suspect the on going discussion and opinion on Clubs and Judges will never end.................no problem with that.
I have been a "Judge" [ prints only] for many years and give "lectures" also for many years. In my case I seem to get much respect because I am a film and darkroom user. Many clubs say that they appreciate my print comments for the reason that i am a non digital printer. As for clubs generaly...I agree that they are besotted with electronics and projection, but they do have a part to play.

Actually I think you need to give a wider grouping than just clubs where being 'besotted' with electronics are concerned. There are a lot of people out there who think they are loosing out and somehow their photography is poor and can be improved by buying the latest camera, with the highest number of pixels and the widest sensitivity range.

In actual fact the larger proportion of these will never ever make the grade,because their photography IS poor. The learning of the basics has simply bypassed them because they were dazzled by the latest bit of bling.