View Single Post
Old 12th March 2020, 08:43 PM
Friend

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

It turns out that the AP/Kaiser you mention is the same as the Arista Bobinquick. It looks like a solid unit, well designed.

Alex - your comment about wastage and false economy really got me thinking.... If it weren't for PanF and it's fading problem I probably wouldn't be considering this at all. But I haven't found another film like it. It is wonderful when developed in Perceptol -- great combo, esp. for nature scenes. Nothing I've tried has matched it's depth and "glow".

So that begs the following questions: am I going about this from the wrong end? Should I be looking at another film-developer combo that can match the look of PanF in Perceptol, but doesn't suffer from sitting in the camera for a month after exposure?

I've tried Delta 100 and TMX in Perceptol, but was not impressed....they look great in D76 for city/urban stuff, but not for nature (to my eye). I admit I have not tried either of these in a developer like HC110 to see if they can give similar depth, sharpness and fine grain like PanF/Perceptol combo. Nor have I tried any of the slow speed offerings by Rollei (RPX 25 perhaps?), Adox or Agfa.

Any suggestions welcome!

(PS -- I hope I don't sound too wishy-washy here, asking about other films, but I just haven't found another film in 35mm that can match the look of PanF)

Last edited by Svend; 12th March 2020 at 09:04 PM.