View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2022, 10:23 PM
Friend

Default Life without a darkroom

There have been times I have not had one and boy did I wish I did. There were some of these times when I was in the army when I was posted away sometimes at short notice when it was at the least impractical to have one even if there was the space.

Some places I was posted to had an Education centre which usually had an underused but very well equipped darkroom and they were usually available for use (The paper and chems were also provided!)

When my family were growing up was another occasion and I would find myself going almost 'cold turkey' because I could not get in there a stink the house out with the smell of fixer or stop bath. (Family harmony reigns) Now I have my own darkroom, I can use it whenever I want as often as I want and have all the kit I need but I find myself using it less than I should.

Yes I use digital but I am not that keen. I rarely print anything - except documents. I mainly use it for making images for digital projection, but they are no where near as good as slides (But a heck of a lot cheaper).

The top and bottom of it is I cannot imagine myself without one.