Thread: Silver print.
View Single Post
Old 29th January 2020, 05:29 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Unless they have changed, my last bottles of Ektacolour RA4 Dev and blix according to the labels describing the contents were manufactured in China. I don't think Tetenal have owt to do with them
They were made by Tetenal, my last kodak chemistry, their HCA, says mde in EU, that was bought a while ago, but maybe due to Tetenal on bthey changed producer, but according to Kodad Alaris all Kodak film and chemicals are going to be almost unavailable for some time due to supply problems, namely the pro market is so far backordered that until Kodak can increase supply the amateur market will be very low on the list.and that is one reason for the massive hike, I personally think that Kodak is trying to use thye analouge market as a cash cow, as reports coming out of the USA seem to indicate that Kodak is again in money troubles, maybe it is time to switch makers?, I again personally use very little from Kodak, stopped using their films a long time ago, mainly their HCA and I have used their D76, but my last was ID11, which is the same and a bit cheaper these days, I have used their color plus film for special shots, but again not for a few years as I don't shoot colour today, so I suppose it is a case of wait and see what they do, sadly but for color workers there are at least alternatives such as cini still, and others if you search for them
Richard