View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:35 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorymcw View Post
I have the Minolta Xd7 equivalent of the R4 and although it is a lovely camera it's curse is being fully electronic and a nightmare to repair. Mine has a fault I cannot trace. It will only wind on and cock the shutter if its in portrait. If you hold the camera as in landscape it fails to wind on and cock the shutter. Only a problem if you forget, which I do all the time. I'm reluctant to buy older cameras with electronics as repair is expensive now especially here in Spain.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
There is a camera repairer in Milton Keynes who was astute enough to buy up most, if not all of the Minolta spares when the company was bought by Sony. If anyone can repair it - he can - Google Camera Workshop in Milton Keynes. Telephone 01908 378088

He has serviced my Minolta XE1 (the donor body design for the Leica R3 and my even older Minolta XM which was a competitor intended to take on the Nikon F2. It has virtually the same specification but with additions such as an electronic shutter. They are now quite rare because not many were sold. Mine went to the repairer just to get it serviced and the film speed dial adjusted but it was given a clean bill of health after that. It has what must be the quietest shutter of any SLR I have ever owned.

Last edited by John King; 23rd October 2019 at 08:43 AM.