View Single Post
Old 5th November 2011, 06:53 PM
Friend

OK Robin that sorts that one out. Here's the recommended process from my synopsis of the extensive thread I read:

1. 2x30 secs pre-wash( water at dev temp). This ensures that film is at the right temp
2. 3:15 dev at 38C
3. 30 secs stop. I'd recommend doing this bit off the CPE using hand inversion as stop can so easily blow the cover off the tank
4.Anything between 4mins 20 secs and 6mins 30 secs bleach. You might want to go for the longer time. You cannot really over do the bleach step
5. 4 x 30 secs wash. Ensures all traces of bleach are removed.
6. As per step 4 for fix. Again you cannot really overdo the fix step
7. As per step 5 plus a 2x1 min wash. This will eliminate all traces of fix
8. 1 min stabiliser with tank upright and static as per the photoflo/ wetting agent stage with b&w

My first impressions when I had taken all this down was that it seems slightly over the top and takes quite a long time but much of it is based on advice given by an ex Kodak colour neg engineer who should know what he is doing.

Given that you have had problems, you might want to be just as thorough. At least you will then know that if the above process doesn't solve your problems then you will have to look beyond the process for the causes.

If you used the same process each time then it is a puzzle as to why the negs looked different. I assume that it was the same kind of colour film each time.

Check the negs under a loop on a light table if you can. If all the detail is there then you should be fine although the correct exposure for the prints may differ quite a bit between the two films' negs.

Mike