View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2021, 02:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
I remember the keeping properties of the made up solutions as being very poor, so I'll need to get myself set and ready to go, if I want to try it out.

Thanks for your help.

Martin
I've never had a negative that wasn't able to be sorted with one of Ilford's under the lens filters, mostly needing the lower grades, to print over developed negatives, taken when I was starting out.

But the Beers developer formula seems interesting and could be useful in getting a very high contrast print, as in high key, as Martin says in his first post. I have all the chemicals, so will add it to my never ending list of things to try.

Looking around, there are quite a number of formulas, that all seem to vary slightly, but the following link will take you to one that mirrors the Darkroom Cookbook formula, in case you don't have a copy:

https://www.digitaltruth.com/product...02-0120%5d.pdf

As for buying the chemicals, the two that I would recommend buying 'off the shelf' are Sodium Carbonate / Washing Soda, which I buy for a £1.00 in a local shop for a big bag and Sodium Sulfite, which loads of swimming pool companies sell on ebay, for a lot less and for a lot more.

Terry S