View Single Post
Old 28th February 2022, 06:29 PM
Friend

Default Preferred developer for Delta 100 and 400

In Martin's terrific favourite film polls I mentioned I'd never been able to get good results with Delta 100. But I noticed that quite a few poll respondents noted D-100 as their no. 1 or 2 favourite. I'm curious to what developer you all are using to make this film work for you?

I've tried it several times using two different developers. In dilute Perceptol (1+1) it gave very nice tonality, but rendered a super-clean, smooth, grainless digital look that I don't care for at all. In dilute D76 (1+1) the contrast was too harsh - all blacks and whites, no subtle gradations, lacking rich mid-tones, even in flat light (granted, I have not tried playing around with development times or agitation to improve tonality).

I still have a bunch of rolls to shoot and don't want to just let them expire. But if I can't get good results I will just forget 'em and sell them on.

FWIW - I have the following developers on hand which I can use with D-100: Xtol, HC110, Rodinal, D76, and Microphen. I can also do homebrewed Perceptol, but I've already ruled that out as not my cup of tea with this film.

Many thanks in advance.