View Single Post
Old 15th January 2013, 07:23 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
Hi

I've come back to film after a few years eaking a living from being a professional portrait/wedding photographer and am again enjoying taking photographs for the simple joy of taking photographs.
That statement could almost have been mine, I gave up full time Social Photography in the late 90s and got 'a real job', not as financially rewarding but much less hassel.

Went through the Digital thing in the noughties culminating in a Canon 1DsMk3 and a Hasselblad H1D but was not satisfying 'a need' then I decided to get a Fuji GX680 for the movements, then I decided that as it was so heavy I might as well get a Large Format camera, this I did approximately 12 months ago and don't regret it at all, digital all gone except for a Fuji X10 for holiday snaps and a Canon something or other for work.

I now have a 4x5 Horseman monorail, a Shen-Hao PTB45 field Camera and a Canham Metal MQC57 Field Camera & I love them all, never been happier. There is something really great about film, and more so for Large Format film, its tactile.

I have also started mixing my own developer from the raw chemicals, I started with Caffenol CL, and have now progressed to Pyrocat HD and Alkaline Fixer. I have also just bought a 5x7 Devere Enlarger so the full darkroom will be the next thing to take shape.

Once bitten, forever smitten, be warned