View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2016, 06:03 PM
Friend

Just an observation here, kaifis but if you followed the same procedure for the speckled films as you did for the first film which came out fine then this suggests to me that your process wasn't at fault per se although that isn't to say that some kind of contamination didn't creep in as John King mentions

It has been a long time since I did any C41 but I have used several different kits and I cannot recall any speckles appearing. I would have slavishly followed the instructions which in the case of Tetenal, Nova Darkroom's own kit and Michael Maunder's own Speedibrew kits were very good

I followed a long thread on another site on the Rollei Digibase kits and you are right the instructions leave a lot to be desired

I attempted to find out from the various posters' contributions what a comprehensive set of instructions was and here they are based on my conclusions of what I read:

1. Pre-wash 2 x 30 secs( brings the film up to the right temp)
2. Developer 3 mins 15 secs(@37.8C)
3. Stop - 30 secs
4. Bleach - 6 mins 30 secs
5. Wash 4 x 30 secs
6. Fix - 6 mins 30 secs
7. Wash - 4 x 30 secs + 2 x 1 min
8. Stabiliser - 1 min

A fairly lengthy process as you will see but also quite comprehensive

N.B. I have a Digibase kit but have yet to use it so the above set of 8 steps are not based on experience but are what I intend to use when I do C41 with a Digibase kit

Mike