View Single Post
Old 6th October 2020, 11:40 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I read somewhere that the process works better on an acidic paper. I haven’t tried that yet, but intend to at some point. The problem is finding any acidic paper. All the stuff aimed at artists is ‘acid free’.
Alex.
I've only done this process once, when I went on a small local workshop a few years ago now, but definitely enjoyed it. It took place at the height of summer on a sunny day, so it must have been quite a site to see all the participants laying down bits and bobs all over the place outside the building.

But yes, the site looks good and has such an obvious web name that I've not thought of looking at before, but then again I don't know how long they've been around.

As for the kit, I think that's the best way to go initially and then one can top up with items if the process is enjoyed. It would be worth comparing it with some of our sponsors prices, as some of them also stock a kit.

As for acidic paper Alex, I noticed that there's a small packet of citric acid in the kit mentioned. I know nothing of the ins and outs of this process, but do you think that maybe this is the acids purpose in the kit?

Terry S