View Single Post
Old 17th June 2020, 06:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Hi Dave,
I do not have any exoerience with this brand, but it is quite famous by now or rather infamous. You may look out for threads on the largeformatphotography.com/forum. According to the reviews on the German large format forum, the majority re-sold their camera very quickly. 90% of all deliveries came very late and there was something broken from the start, or forgotten or just not working. I think that the large format adventure should be fun from the start. You should be able to concentrate on the creative side and not have troubles with the tool. Says Frank, who bought himself a 100y wooden travel camera, which seems to be sturdier than an Intrepid. It is a lot of fun!
Frank
Hi Frank and thanks for the very useful feedback. I clearly need to frequent other forums in addition to FADU!

I think that between this thread and the one I started on monorail cameras together with a very thoughtful DM I am inclined now to drop the Intrepid from my deliberations!

As you say LF is an adventure and should be fun from the off. I’ve been creating photographs for over forty years and have always enjoyed new ventures - I would like LF to bring me the same fun (along with the tears, tantrums and tribulations)

Thank you again