View Single Post
Old 10th February 2021, 12:42 PM
Friend

Bob, is this what you are referring to: " how does one make sure they are metering exactly the spot they want though? With an optical meter, of course you just place the dot on the spot you like, but this meter doesn't have optics, so is there a possibility than the meter's axis would be misaligned with respect to one's sightline, resulting in metering the wrong spot? Basically, if I am metering for a tree trunk, can I be sure that I am metering for the tree trunk and not the grass next to it?"

The above quote was from one of the questions/comments on the Todd Korol video review of the Reveni spot. This was addressed directly to Matt Bechberger the inventor but as yet he hasn't answered that one

He did answer another question that may or may not be related to your concern which was along the lines of what stops you eye wandering over the scene and thus the brain tries to impose the spot over the bit of the scene your eye last wandered over rather than the actual spot chosen.

The answer to this from Matt Bechberger appears to be that your eye has only the spot as its target and remains on this while the other eye looks at the whole scene but the brain obeys the aimed eye and transposes the whole scene to align the spot with the area in the scene that the brain has already fixed upon

Todd Korol the reviewer said that he had no problem with the "wandering eye " syndrome so it wasn't a problem for him

Anyway I agree that this superimposing action of a person's vision into an otherwise black non optical screen is a sufficiently novel concept that I'd have expected more of these kind of questions to be asked and Matt Bechberger to have asked himself the question of what part of his invention is likely to draw the most concern so that a full explanation would have been available

Mike