View Single Post
Old 10th February 2021, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Bob, is this what you are referring to: " how does one make sure they are metering exactly the spot they want though? With an optical meter, of course you just place the dot on the spot you like, but this meter doesn't have optics, so is there a possibility than the meter's axis would be misaligned with respect to one's sightline, resulting in metering the wrong spot? Basically, if I am metering for a tree trunk, can I be sure that I am metering for the tree trunk and not the grass next to it?"
Mike
Yep - your quote exactly reflects my concern. It will be interesting to see if the query gets an answer.

The wondering eye thing I can sort of see being OK - when playing with my mock-up if seemed that you do indeed adjust the "meter" to be over the same spot as your other eye is looking. But again, I'm not sure if that is accurate enough to keep a 1 degree angle aligned and even if so, is the meter axis aligned as per the first quote?

I suspect the only answer is to either try it oneself or see a more detailed review that takes these potential issues into consideration. If it does indeed work, it's a great idea.