View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2021, 02:08 PM
Friend

I know, I use 1d11 stock, but with the toner once it exhausts it's gone,and pouring it bac into the rest of the stock will only dilute the mixed stock, believe me, I've done it, I tried using just a small amount to tone just a few prints, first print toned perfectly, second print fine, third print took over twice as long and couldn't get the vibrancy, last print I tried sat in the toner for 20 minutes, and it looked the same bleached print as when I started, no re development,poured it back into the liter bottle next time I used the liter it took a long time to tone each print, and very quickly died, when I use the full loiter each time I get 3 or 4 sessions over a month or more, before it loses it's potency, It's not like ID11, it doesn't recharge itself, saying that I prfer to use different makes of toner to Fotospeed, such as Foma and Tetenal, Tetenal no longer make a the odourless toner, only the sulphide and I'm not allowed to stink the house out, and Fomatoner I can't find now in the UK,only one I can find is Fotospeed, so it's that or nothing. as regards I guess that id11/d76 is competely different formula, just like some developers are one shot, some you can develop 2 or 3 films per shot by increasing, Remember Adox's aph o9 the original pre war rodinal, mixing at 1/40 you could get 3 films one after the other by increasing the develop time for each film, yet modern rodinal in whatever is strictly one shot
Richard

Last edited by Richard Gould; 23rd February 2021 at 02:12 PM.