View Single Post
Old 9th October 2020, 06:17 PM
Friend

Default Security

You can have all the security you like but if someone is really intent on getting your personal information - they will.

This is why I will not do any internet banking what so ever which is why I will not accept any E Mailed statements - it is a hard copy and the banks are happy to oblige.

There occasions when I have to supply information on line such as replacing my driving licence which I did recently where I reluctantly had to comply. I trust no one where personal information is concerned.

Storing personal info is another concern of mine which is addressed by The GDPR Regs of 2018. In simple language. No one who controls a database with names and personal information has a duty to store it securely, also if a person ceases to be involved with the holder of the data base, that personal information must be deleted.

I am administrator for a motorcycle club forum and it is a rule of membership, that if the forum is not accessed for 6 months, the account is automatically deleted. This decision was made after consultation with the club's solicitors.