View Single Post
Old 21st January 2021, 02:29 PM
Friend

I agree with Rob, depends a lot on the film, some just seem to work no matter what you do, I have left PanF+ for just a few days before developing and the latent image is so low it is unprintable, HP5+ seems not to bad, and Kodak trix seems to be not bad, but Tmax can be badly affected when left, but my personal choice, Fomapan 200 or 400, I have used a 120 roll film over the course of a month, especialy when working on still life, and never had a problem, although some will disagree, I think storing in a fridge, doesn't help, years ago I would store all my film in a fridge, in those days mostly kodak but some ilford, and I found if I used it over a few days sometimes there would be mottling and other problems on some of them,so I decided to not bother with fridges and just store my films in the living room, which I still do today, winter with the heating on, summer without, and no problems with mottling on Kodak or Ilford, and with Pan F just use and develop on the same day, and with todays Fomapan rhe films are sitting on a shelf near the window, just used a couple this week, one 35mm and 1 120 that had been there since at least last October, and no mottling, or other problems
Richard