View Single Post
Old 21st November 2019, 11:35 AM
Friend

I haven’t done any C41 processing, but have a lot of experience with B&W. Assuming the film was ok, and not damaged by exposure to excessive heat, for example, I would say that this is a chemistry related problem.
Firstly, since I understand that developer temperature is very important, I would suggest that you check your thermometer for accuracy. If your processor uses a heated water bath, check that it is achieving and maintaining the correct temperature.
If these checks are ok, I would suspect the chemicals themselves. Are they properly mixed, and used in the correct order? Is there any scope for contamination as a result of preparation procedure, or storage? It is possible that they are faulty to begin with, either due to some manufacturing issue, or because the kit has been lying around the retailers premises for a lengthy period. I have twice bought chemicals for B&W that were well out of date, and these came from apparently reputable retailers.
There are people here with good experience of colour work, and they may recognise this type of problem, but checking your equipment and system should help you on the way to a solution.
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro