Thread: Enlarger bulb
View Single Post
Old 31st July 2017, 11:00 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
A 75 watt lamp will reduce the heat, but the head will still get hot quickly, I have a meopta Opemus 6, and I was using a 150 bulb, but lately they \re getting very hard to find and expensive, I have been trying out an LED bulb with great sucess, I bought 2 Dial bulbs from B@Q, a cold white and a warm white, the cols white is a 10.5 watt, equal to around 80 watt and the light is 4000k, which is not quitw so good, it messes up the MG filter values, the grades alter, but the warm bulb, which is a 14.5 watt, equal to around 100 watt incadesent bulb, is 2700K, which I think is around equal to the standard enlarger bulb, it works fine, the light is brighter, it is instant switch on and it looks as well frosted as the Photoccresnta bulb, paper grades are the same, contrast is the same, exposure times are about a stop faster, and no heat, I can touch the enlarger head no problems, no more negatives popping while focusing Ect, so I suggest you try one out,they are no more expensive than standard bulbs and last for ever,
Richard
Thankyou so much! I'll have a look for one today