Thread: Enlarger bulb
View Single Post
Old 31st July 2017, 12:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
....it works fine, the light is brighter, it is instant switch on and it looks as well frosted as the Photoccresnta bulb, paper grades are the same, contrast is the same, exposure times are about a stop faster, and no heat, I can touch the enlarger head no problems, no more negatives popping while focusing Ect, so I suggest you try one out,they are no more expensive than standard bulbs and last for ever,
Richard
Quote:
I have an Opemus 6 and use a daylight blue long life low wattage bulb which keeps the lamphouse comfortably just warm as well as being more actinic in colour temperature. I leave it on for the entire printing session using the red filter as a "switch" only turning it off at the end of the day or if going for a tea break as they can't be switched on and off all the time like incandescent bulbs, they need to "warm up" to full output. I got it from the haberdashers on the market who sells them to those doing embroidery or watercolours to get accurate colour matching.
This is a great idea! Thank you guys! I have not been looking forward to printing 6x9 negs because of the popping issue, and was not at all keen to get a glass neg carrier. This should take care of that beautifully. I will try to find a suitable bulb for my Beseler 23C straight away.

Cheers,
Svend