View Single Post
Old 17th September 2015, 07:01 PM
Friend

I think Ilfosol is aimed more at 'medium' speed films around the 100-200 range. I know that most Ilford developers will give times for most of their films, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily the best combinations. I had thought that Microphen was the preferred developer for this film. I had also understood that it's true speed was 1000asa, but it was designed with low contrast so that pushing it to 3200asa wouldn't produce negatives with the very high contrast associated with extended development. I have only used D3200 on a few occasions, with limited success, but I blame that on my lack of research rather than the film. Others have used it to very good effect. Perhaps a look at the Ilford website would be useful. There should be a chart which gives the developer/film combinations with remarks about the quality of each combination such as 'finest grain', ' greatest sharpness', 'best overall image quality' etc. I do recall that this film allowed my daughter to produce very acceptable night images using her camera hand held. I cannot recall how I processed that film, but it was rated at 6400 for that outing.
Alex.