View Single Post
Old 29th December 2021, 11:36 PM
Friend

I don’t think the first ad for the panoramic camera is fooling anyone who is looking for an Xpan. The seller is just using a technique to make potential buyers look at his ad. If you really wanted an Xpan, it’s an annoying waste of time. Unfortunately, lots of sellers use the same technique, but I don’t think it is misdescription.
The other camera may well be related to a Leica branded product. Leica sold several 35mm compact cameras at a range of prices. I had an early model with dual lenses, rather than a zoom. I’m sure Minolta made the body and mechanics, Leica supplying the glass. Minolta marketed an identical camera without the Leica lens. I’m not familiar with this particular model, but the innards and spec, apart from the zoom lens, look very similar to the Leica Minilux. There was also a Minilux zoom. Whether the fact that the mechanics of an electronic compact camera labelled Panasonic also formed the basis of a Leica model, however, is probably of little real significance, but it sounds good. Like the first ad, I don’t think this seller has misdescribed the product, just made it sound more interesting than it really is.
As for the prices, they are pretty optimistic!
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro