View Single Post
Old 18th November 2013, 09:23 AM
Friend

Hi there.
I concur will all the above. The sticky black specks come from the mirror damper, I had the same problem some time ago with an AV-1. The screen is delicate and I would avoid using alcohol or spirits or worst petrol derivatives which might ruin it. I advice lens cleaning fluid or something like a window glass cleaner. The screen, as said before, is removable and is worth taking it out to facilitate the cleaning and remove particles that might have found their way on the upper side. In any case the eventual residues won't affect pictures. It would be worth to replace the foam to remove the source of the problem, I got mine (the foam, not the problem) from "microtools-europe" (they have also a US site, if you are on that side of the pond). It might be worth to check out the foam around the film door as that also might have been deteriorated causing light leaks. Any of the operations mentioned need any screws to be removed or particulary complicated disassembling but, still, even if tough work instruments these cameras are also delicate so caution and steady hands are required.
I hope you get all sorted in the best way.

Cheers, M.