View Single Post
Old 5th December 2016, 04:47 PM
Friend

Default Not quite a Manual

Appologies in advance. I could not find a more suitable forum to post this, if the moderators wish to move it elsewhere, please feel free.

I don't know about elsewhere in the world but isn't it about time that someone, somewhere, thought a little bit about (re)creating a magazine, either monthly or weekly which is dedicated purely to analogue protography, including b&w and colour developing, black and white and colour printing, slides and the processes connected with them, including all other information, techniques and advice connected with the darkroom.

I used to take B&W Photography on subscription some while ago but cancelled it when they almost 100% went over to digital. I then went to Amateur Photogtrapher but eventually they went down the same path and even some of the staff started to give advice and 'hints' which were completely incorrect, possibly due to being brought up on digital only. Even the adverts are about 1-2 weeks out of date and more up to date information can be obtained via the web for nothing.

Yes, we may now be regarded as a niche group, but so are many of the other journals on sale in bookshops and newspaper shops. Letting a good few people out there know we.........Analogue photographers are alive and still kicking can only do film photography a power of good.

We don't need an A4 sized journal with a thick glossy cover and pages almost as thick, padded out at each end with repetative adverts, week after week. We need just a readable, accurate, and attractive publication which is for film photography only. It would be nice for it to contain articles which help photographers from the very new beginner to the very advanced worker.
Who or where would be the best contact or method to try to get one in print again. I may be tilting at windmills but the idea of a 'proper' magazine for film photography sounds nice.

Last edited by John King; 5th December 2016 at 05:01 PM.