View Single Post
Old 26th May 2020, 10:42 PM
Friend

Default A diffuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
2 ways that I have done this over the years, In camera. stretch black stocking over the lens, you can vary the amount of diffusion by varying the amount of tension of the stocking, the tighter the less diffusion, in the darkroom, you can also use stocking, cut the leg off your wife.s/girlfriends tights, but for the best results it must be dark.
I still have the frame of a enlarging diffuser which I made by bending plastic-coated coathanger wire into a 90mm ring, with a handle like a frying pan. I folded back the excess handle wire to make the handle 2-dimensional, so it could be turned. I covered the ring with double-sided tape and stretched black tights material over it. The advantage of having a separate diffuser is that you can vary the proportion of exposure with and without it, without risk of jogging the lens. You can increase the effect by turning the diffuser at an angle with respect to the optical axis. More I recently removed the cloth and used the frame to support some cotton wool for a particularly difficult dodging job. That's a problem because it's now in pieces, my girlfriend became my wife, she no longer wears tights and the women's clothes shops are in lockdown.